We love what we do and who we do it for! Our mission is to help non-profits small governments, and impact driven companies develop the media they need to stand out and accomplish their mission. Websites, apps, video, creative, and more, we work with groups across Colorado and further to make sure non-profits get their voice heard.
We're also in Colorado for a reason. We believe that work-life balance creates the drive to make better products for clients, and we practice that with purpose. We believe in having fun at work and having fun outside of work.
The Open Media Foundation seeks an experienced Google Adwords Specialist with a commitment to using their skills to make the world a better place. Our top candidate will have a passion for OMF’s mission and a desire to support the community and contribute to the greater good.
OMF and DOM are recipients of $600,000/year in Adwords grants. In addition, we help a growing list of nonprofit partners and clients optimize their Adwords campaigns. Our Google Adwords Specialist will lead efforts to promote OMF and DOM, creating and implementing annual digital marketing plans for various departments. They will also help expand and promote OMF’s capacity to provide Adwords consulting services for nonprofit clients, with an emphasis on teaching nonprofits to optimize and maintain their own Adwords campaigns, rather than rely indefinitely on OMF or other consultants.
In addition, this position will work with staff, interns, and volunteers to oversee OMF and DOM’s social media presence, with heavy use of Google Analytics and Facebook Insights. Successful candidates will have demonstrated success in using Google Adwords and other tools to increase awareness, drive active engagement and membership, market services to potential clients and generate new business. In addition, they will help to define and deliver our Digital Marketing consulting services, providing Adwords strategy & implementation services, Facebook marketing strategies and other marketing services to our clients. The Specialist will work closely with our in-house design team to shape and maintain our brand identity in all external communications. They will be responsible for writing engaging content and developing targeted outreach plans. Top candidates will have proven outreach and marketing experience, certified Google Adwords expertise, combined with strong writing skills.
- Manage OMF & DOM’s $600,000/year Google Adwords program, including mobilizing and training key staff in effective Google AdWords campaigns
- Package, sell and manage Google Adwords and other Digital Marketing services for clients
- Spearhead targeted outreach campaigns to raise awareness of Open Media Foundation and Denver Open Media
- Write engaging and impactful content for the OMF & DOM website, newsletters, blogs, social media, press releases, fundraising events and marketing campaigns
- Review all marketing materials, collateral, etc. for OMF & DOM to ensure brand consistency
- Manage OMF’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Required Skills and Traits
- Up-to-date Google Adwords Certification, focused on Adwords Fundamentals and Search Advertising (Google Analytics Certification a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- At least 1+ years experience in Google Adwords strategic planning
- Experience in working with or for nonprofit organization is not required, but is a strong plus
- Strong writing skills for a variety of media & ability to craft a clear, engaging story
- Ability to create quarterly and annual marketing plans with clear goals
- Self-discipline and organization to follow through on commitments
- Passion and drive to support the mission of OMF & DOM
- Self-starting, self-directed and able to manage projects from inception to delivery
- Ability to develop agendas, manage meetings, and efficiently facilitate conversations to focus on the most relevant goals and tasks.
- Direct and honest communication style; ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Belief in the core values of Open Media Foundation
- Wisdom of the Crowd
- Direct Communication
- Honoring Our Word
OMF is offering a base salary of $40,000 annually, in addition to an employer-sponsored Health Plan and a flexible PTO policy that includes a paid sabbatical after three years.
Employees also receive a free Denver Open Media membership which gives them access to all of the Foundation’s video, audio, and studio production equipment, plus unlimited access to OMF’s training programs.
How To Apply
This is an immediate-hire, full-time position. Local candidates are encouraged to apply, and out of area candidates will be considered who can relocate immediately without relocation assistance.
Embracing diversity is a core belief of Open Media Foundation. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
Please submit the following materials to be considered:
- Cover letter, summarizing why you believe that you are right for this position and why OMF is right for you
Please email both documents to email@example.com. Phone or in-person applications will not be accepted.
A final step in the hiring process for final-round selected candidates is to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors and others we may choose from your work history.