VIDEO PRODUCTION GRANT
Each year, the Open Media Foundation selects at least one local nonprofit organization to receive a pro-bono, full-service production package. Here at the Open Media Foundation, we specialize in helping our clients reflect on their existing outreach efforts, and assist them in transitioning these efforts in a way that minimizes any increased drain on staff time, but benefits the organization through the inherent increased capacity of new media approaches to reach wider audiences. Therefore, in additon to the video package, we require that at least one organizational member receive training and development in the area of video production, so that this grant becomes a sustainable effort.
A 3-7 minute video spotlighting the work that a local organization does and the impact that they have on their community. This production package is valued at $7,500 and will include:
- 1 shoot day
- 4 edit days
- DVD authoring plus 10 DVDs
- Video production training/support
Open Media Foundation has been producing professional videos for local community partners and non-profit organizaitons since 2003. Our goal is to create a level playing field and ensure these organizations have a competitive edge in the increasingly important digital conversation.
Click a selection below for examples of our work:
A Taste of Mondo Zen (2010)
Denver Kids, Inc (2009)
- Must be a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization
- Must be in the Denver/Boulder area (within 50 miles of Denver)
- Must complete and submit web form application to be considered for this grant
- Must commit $500 for membership/training/sustainability
- Must have a representative available to spend 4-8 hours working with the OMF team to establish the key messages, interviewees and other content for the video.
- Must have a least one representative available to be trained and certified to use
Applications are reviewed twice each year, with deadlines of March 15 and Sept 15 (or the first business day following).
Apply here to be considered for a Video Production Grant.