Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Open Media Foundation (OMF)
Job Purpose: Coordinate Community of Volunteers
Job Type: Full Time
The Open Media Foundation seeks an experienced Volunteer Coordinator to lead both established and new volunteer programs for OMF and our community-powered FM radio station, Denver Open Media. The primary responsibility of the Volunteer Coordinator is managing volunteers for the Radio Station, aligning volunteer tasks and passions with priorities and needs of the organization. In addition, OMF has a robust internship program and two full-time Americorps Volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will coordinate with the managers of these programs to ensure alignment between volunteer assignments and the priorities of OMF & DOM.
Applicants must have experience with volunteer management, volunteer cultivation, volunteer training and project management. This position is responsible for assessing the needs of OMF and DOM, aligning volunteer priorities to match, and tracking progress towards goals using ClickUp or other project management tools.
Embracing diversity is a core value of the Open Media Foundation. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
- Supervise volunteers and provide direction, coordination, and training for all volunteer functions within OMF and DOM.
- Manage measured continuous improvement of volunteer programs through revision of training manuals, policies, and feedback procedures
- Coordinate scheduling, training and support of volunteers
- Evaluate volunteer attendance and performance to retain and cultivate long-term volunteerism.
- Ensure consistency across volunteers through adherence to documented policies and procedures.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates
- Minimum 2 years volunteer coordination and/or similar management of large, diverse teams
- Basic computer proficiency, especially, G Suite & spreadsheets
- Experience in process documentation, training, and performance evaluation
- Strong written communication skills, reflected in a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position with this organization
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities in a transparent and accessible way
- Ability to bring order and organization to a changing and unstructured work environment
- Demonstrated success managing volunteer programs with measurable outcomes
- Experience in media, radio, communications or technology
- Experience with project management software such as ClickUp.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
OMF is offering a base salary of $40,000 annually, in addition to employer-sponsored Health Insurance and a flexible PTO policy that includes a paid sabbatical after three years.
Employees also receive free access to all of the Foundation’s video, audio, and studio production equipment, plus unlimited access to OMF’s training programs.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an immediate-hire, full-time position. Local candidates are encouraged to apply, and out of area candidates will be considered who can relocate immediately without relocation assistance.
Please submit the following materials to be considered:
- Cover letter specifying why you are interested in this position with OMF
- Current Resume
Please email both documents to email@example.com using “Open Media Foundation Volunteer Coordinator” as the subject. Phone or in-person applications will not be accepted. A final step in the hiring process for selected candidates is to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors.