The Open Media Foundation (OMF) is an innovative media and technology nonprofit, the perfect place to combine a technology services career with your passion for social change and innovation. We are looking for an organized, tech savvy, customer service-oriented project manager. You will work directly with a variety of clients and OMF’s web team to manage full life-cycle web projects. You’ll be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring quality deliverables. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in working in an agency setting that advances the missions of nonprofits all over Colorado, from small community organizations to statewide foundations.
We’re a fun, innovative and dynamic team, committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment with people who share and live our core values.
- Serve as the primary client contact for all web inquiries
- Work directly with clients and our team to define clear project deliverables
- Prepare proposals and estimates
- Monitor capacity and coordinate tasks among 4-5 web developers and designers
- Maintain project timelines and provide weekly status reports to clients and team
- Communicate pragmatically with clients through frequent phone, email and in-person conversations
- Get hands-on with any websites or products we build and assist our designer with QA/testing of final deliverables
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in external, client-facing web or software project management
- Strong working knowledge of web industry and comfortable with web technologies
- Detail-oriented with a focus on following and iteratively improving existing processes
- Proficiency in writing and editing
- Adept at managing complex technical projects including collecting requirements from clients and translating developer requests into human speak
- Pragmatic, positive approach to high pressure situations
- Experience working with JIRA or related issue/project tracking tools a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
OMF is offering a base salary of $40,000-50,000 annually, in addition to a competitive benefits package and flexible PTO policy that includes a paid sabbatical after three years. Employees also receive a free Denver Open Media membership which gives them access to all of the Foundation’s video, audio, and studio production equipment, plus unlimited access to OMF’s training programs. OMF is located in the Santa Fe Arts District with easy access to light rail, tasty breweries and the some of the best tacos in Denver.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read: “Web Project Manager”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no phone calls, snail mail, personal hand deliveries or fax submissions - we strive to be paperless.
References: A final step in the hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors and others we may choose from your work history.
This is an immediate-hire, onsite full-time position for local candidates only. Embracing diversity is a core belief of Open Media Foundation. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
OMF is the perfect place to combine your career in project management and account services with your passion for social change and innovation. We’re excited to grow our incredibly talented team, and look forward to hearing from you.